As a College, we choose to describe children as High Achievers rather than gifted. We have many High Achieving students and strive to cater for them at all levels.
We provide a depth of opportunities to push and challenge these students and we hope the website demonstrates this.
Use the links below to find out more about the High Achievers Programmes that we offer:
Activities for High Achievers
Speakers For Schools
Weekly online events published via website/social media for specified key stages – targeted subject Areas and invitations to subject level learners.
Hosted events for Speakers For Schools’ events
- David Dein MBE Ambassador for the Premier League and International Ambassador for the Football Association. Former co-owner and vice-chairman of Arsenal Football Club
- Kevin Gothelf – Business Counsel, The Cogent Partnership.
- Sarra Mander, Chief Marketing Officer, Small Robot Company
Visits and partnership events – Year 11 focus
- Year 11 – St Peters College , University of Oxford
Magdalene College – Cambridge
- KS4 Students – Q & A with current undergraduates. Attendees will be able to ask their questions live, and we’ll be addressing lots of frequently asked questions too.
- Parents’ Evening – online Q & A session, with panelists including the Academic Tutor for Recruitment, the Academic Registrar, and Magdalene College’s Chaplain.
Wider stakeholders events
- Educating More Able Children: Guide for Parents and Carers
- Climb to 9 celebration parental meetings
Climb to 9 programme
Commencement of the year 7 – 9 C29 – Extra-curricular Programme
To re-launch term 3b
Taster Lectures – series of taster lectures provided by Magdalene College’s Fellows and teaching staff, to give them a taste of the content they could engage with at university. Lectures included, but are not limited to: ‘Why doctors need to know their anatomy’ (Medicine); ‘Linguistic delivery in Roman Britain’ (Classics); and ‘Public Law and Judicial Review’ (Law).