- How to craft a stellar CV
- Best examples of CV formatting
- How to write an outstanding cover letter
- 12 days of Winter Work Skills
- How students can get ahead post-COVID
Success at School
Information about career paths from each subject (click links below)
Top 5 ways to improve your CV
As a student, you might know you have the skills required for the jobs, but struggle to back them up with experience. Check out these five practical ways that you can improve your CV by gaining work-related experience while you’re still at school.
How to balance work and study as a student
It’s a dilemma that lots of students face – how can I strike a balance between working and studying? Find out how you can strike the right balance with these tips.
How to help your child with job applications
As a parent, you can provide a helping hand to make sure your child has ticked these boxes in their application. We explain how in this guide.
Job versus career: what’s the difference and why should I plan ahead?
You’re probably surrounded by parents, teachers and careers advisors, all telling you that it’s time to think about your career. But what does this mean, and why is it about more than just getting a job? Find out why it’s important to start thinking about.
What are soft skills and why are they important?
Soft skills is a term often used by careers advisors and employers to describe the kind of essential personal skills and social capabilities people need to be able to do most jobs. Find out about some of the key skills that will help you in the future.
How to Career guides
There is a whole host of careers you may be interested in learning more about. Below, we have collated some interesting and useful ‘how to’ articles which explain how you can involved with that particular career area.
- A&E Nurse
- Construction Manager
- Criminal Lawyer
- Family Lawyer
- Fertility Clinician
- HGV driver
- Intellectual Property analyst
- Public Health Consultant
Jobs in the British Army
Did you know you can fully train in the Army as a nurse, with your tuition fees paid?
Working at the forefront of cyber network technology.
Your GamePlan provides free digital learning for school students focusing on improving their employability and transferable skills. In short, we have developed a platform to help young people transition from school to the workplace and widen their understanding of the career opportunities available to them. We believe every student should have access to careers and employability training, which is why our services are entirely free for schools and students.
Our platform includes:
- Skills-based courses focused on enhancing your student’s employability and transferable skills. A full list is available here.
- Industry-based courses which are partnered with top UK employers. These will provide key insights in these industries and the career-options available to your students. This includes an ‘Introduction to Accountancy Careers’ course with our launch partner the ACCA.
- Each course has been certified by the CPD and will be added individually to our CV builder once students complete them.
All of this is available to you for free.
For any questions you have, email: email@example.com