Reading allows us to be transported from our own world to another. Between the pages of a book, we can become immersed in the lives of fictional characters and learn about a culture entirely different from our own. We can also learn new words and phrases, experience a range of emotions, and acquire skills and knowledge.
Reading has lots of benefits:
- Your will improve your vocabulary. It will become larger and more extensive.
- You will improve your progress in all subject areas in school.
- Your imagination can run wild!
- You will develop more creative skills.
- You will develop a deeper understanding of real life situations. .
- You will gain a deeper understanding of what is going on in the world.
- Your concentration levels will improve.
- You will improve relationships with others.
- You will become more perceptive and will be able to reason better.
- Your social skills and interaction will improve.
To summarise… reading makes you a better person and it will improve your life chances and opportunities. Reading is a life skill!