APPRENTICESHIP ROLES CLOSING SOON!
AMAZING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR YEARS 11-13!
From Level 3 apprenticeships to Level 6 degree apprenticeships, we’ve got loads of opportunities across a range of different industries!
If you need any assistance with your applications, feel free to get in touch with us at email@example.com and also be sure to let us know if you have already applied so we can support you through the application process!
About the Apprenticeship
As a Trust apprentice, you will complete your apprenticeship training both on and off-the-job, including regular attendance at our chosen training provider. All college related travel costs are paid for by the Trust.
About the role
You will be working outside, carrying out maintenance and repair works under guidance from waterway teams. You will learn how to manage habitats using a range of specialist techniques and connect with a wide variety of customers, colleagues and volunteers. You will be an ambassador of the Canal & River Trust, who is keen to learn new skills.
What skills and abilities do I need to have?
- This is predominantly an outdoor role. We love the outdoors at Canal & River Trust, and it’s so important that as a member of the Waterways team you enjoy all weathers! Repairs, vegetation clearance and assisting the general public & towpath and waterway users doesn’t only happen on the sunny days, so rain and cold is all part of the experience.
- Experience of using tools ranging from paintbrushes and spanners, to strimmers and power tools is desirable (but don’t worry if you don’t have this!)
What qualifications do I need to have?
Ideally grade A-C or grade 9-4 in Maths, English and Science GCSE (or equivalent) already achieved or on target to achieve.
What qualifications or experience would potentially help me more?
- An interest or connection to the waterways network or heritage assets
- Any experience of working outside or in a team, potentially through hobbies, work experience or volunteering.
- West Midlands: Icknield Port, B16 0AA; Stewponey, DY7 5AU; Tardebigge, B60 1NF
- Yorkshire and North East: Marsden, HD7 6NQ; Bramwith, Doncaster, DN7 5SJ
- East Midlands: Newark Workshop, NG24 4TT, Boston Lock, PE21 9JU
- North West: Anderton Boat Life, Northwich, CW9 6FW; Another TBC
Advertised Salary: £18,348
Closing Date: 01-07-2022