Briefing Session for Parents:
Wednesday 28th September 2016, 6-8pm
Cowley International College (11-16 site)
How to talk to young people about relationships sexual health, drugs and alcohol
As a parent/carer, your children expect you to have the answers to most things. This is a high expectation to live up to, and can leave you wondering how to answer some of the more difficult questions.
The St Helens Healthy Living team are here to support you in answering some of those difficult questions. The TAZ outreach team (Relationships and sexual health service for young people) and YPDAAT (The Young Peoples Drug and Alcohol Team); have created a one off briefing session to help parents/carers to address questions around relationships, sexual health, drugs and alcohol.
The programme is free for parents and carers to attend and aims to:
- Build your confidence in discussing some of the difficult questions children ask about Relationships, Sexual Health, Drugs and Alcohol, with consideration to a child’s age, experience and ability.
- Provide knowledge of local sexual health and drugs & alcohol services for young people.
- Identify further opportunities to develop or build on your existing knowledge of the above issues.
- Allow parents to have an awareness of the links between substance use and sexual health choices.
If you are interested in booking on the course please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01774 677990 and ask for the Young Peoples Drug and Alcohol Team.
6 Week Neurodevelopmental Pathway Family Learning Programme
The Neurodevelopmental Conditions 6 week family learning programme aims to provide a community based intensive learning programme for families in St Helens who wish to gain knowledge and skills about their child’s Neurodevelopmental condition.
The outcomes for the course are:
- Identifying neurodevelopmental conditions
- Identifying ASD/C
- Identifying ADHD
- Identifying Sensory Processing Difficulties
- Identifying Challenging behaviours including sleep, toileting, feeding, and behavioural difficulties
- Identifying your local offer, welfare rights and educational support.
The next course available is:
Wednesday September 14th 12.45pm – 3.00pm through to Wednesday 19th October at the St Helens Young Carers, Fishwick House, 18 Cotham Street, St Helens, WA10 1SJ.
This course is bookable please contact:
01744 582172 or email email@example.com