This photo of just some of our 2018 Honours students includes future Lawyers, Psychologists, a Nuclear Engineer and a Pilot!
This programme is designed to challenge and motivate our brightest students.
The programme involves additional academic support, enrichment and UCAS guidance to provide the best possible preparation for entry to the most competitive universities and courses in the country.
Honours Programme students will be given the opportunity to participate in tailor-made enrichment activities that are designed to stretch and challenge. These activities will be used to support university applications and may take the role of credible work experience placements offering an insight into chosen career fields.
Cowley International College has strong links with many universities and throughout their time on the Honours programme, students will meet representatives from a wide variety of institutions, including many Russell Group Universities.
Students are expected to achieve a minimum of
four grade 6-9s, this may include 1 Distinction at BTEC.
A student who has shown excellence in: Sports or Performing Arts will also be considered for entry onto this exclusive programme.
Features and Benefits
- A visit to Cambridge University (overnight stay)
- A visit to at least one of the following Russell Group Universities: University of Sheffield, University of Leeds, University of York
- A personal mentor
- A basic language course in Mandarin Chinese
- A programme of personal support to include UCAS
applications, personal statements and interview
- An opportunity to complete the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
- Personal guidance on applications for the most demanding university courses, including: Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science