29 November 2021
You will have heard about the new COVID variant – Omicron. In response, the Department for Education (DfE) has instructed all schools to take the following protective measures:
• Face coverings to be worn in all communal areas (corridors). Please ensure your child has a face covering and a spare each day.
• Regular COVID home testing. Please continue to support your child with COVID testing every Sunday and Wednesday and report the result here Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
• Isolation for close contacts of the COVID Omicron variant regardless of vaccination status or age. The college will help identify close contacts if requested by Test and Trace.
• Good ventilation. Please ensure your child has a base layer or school jumper, as it can be cold sat by windows.
• COVID vaccines. All eligible staff and students aged 12 and over are encouraged to take up the offer of the vaccine, including boosters. Book or manage a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination – NHS (www.nhs.uk).
I thank you for your continued support to help stop the spread of Covid and protect the Cowley community.