We have been made aware by a primary school of the following:
A parent has reported to us this morning that last night a black car with blacked out windows stopped close to Parr Library (Fleet Lane / Stocks Avenue) and a man tried to get one of our pupils into the car.
We would ask all parents and carers to reinforce that no one should go into a vehicle with someone that they do not know or give personal information to strangers.
Students are reminded to seek immediate assistance if they feel uncomfortable in any situation. Please be alert and reinforce this message with your daughter/son.
The Police are investigating.
Contacting the Police
In an emergency please telephone 999.
You should use this number if:
- A crime is happening right now
- Someone is in immediate danger
- A suspect for a serious crime is nearby
For all other calls to the police, please telephone 101.
You should use this non-emergency number to:
- Report a crime not currently in progress
- Give information to the police about crime in your area
- Speak to the police about a general enquiry
- Contact a specific police officer or member of staff