The Quinta Residential trip is almost upon us, so here is the all of the final information that you should need. On Tuesday 26th June, participating students should meet in Cowley International Hall with their bags for registration. Coaches will then drive us to Quinta Hall, which is in Weston Rhyn, near Oswestry in North Wales.
Students should bring an easily accessible packed lunch for Tuesday as this will not be provided. Students who receive free school meals will have one provided for them. Also, if your child has special dietary requirements or allergies, please ensure college is made aware of this.
Whilst at Quinta, students will take part in a ‘round-robin’ of activities during the daytime, including low ropes courses, swimming, slacklining, field games, orienteering, dance and drama, and a walk to ‘The Tunnel of Doom’! Evenings will be busy too with a quiz one night and a movie night/disco on the other. After a tiring few days, we will be back at Cowley for approximately 2.30pm to 3pm on Thursday, 28th June.
Any outstanding financial contributions for the trip should be made via ParentPay by Monday, 18th June, otherwise places may be jeopardised. Below is an equipment list, but if you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact the College.
Mrs S Dawber
Head of Achievement
Equipment List for Quinta
Please do not let your child bring valuable personal items such as phones and ipods as we cannot guarantee their safety and the college cannot be held responsible for the theft or loss of goods!
Space will be limited on the coach so please limit your baggage to a main luggage bag and a hand luggage bag for the packed lunch.
- A packed lunch for Tuesday (food and drink!)
- A waterproof coat – this is ESSENTIAL as we are in Wales and will be outside for a lot of the time, rain or shine!
- A complete change of clothes for two days – they may get muddy/wet outside. This should include warm clothes, a spare jumper and even a hat and gloves if the weather forecast is bad! Avoid jeans on daytime activities as they are cold and uncomfortable when wet. Combat trousers, leggings or tracksuit bottoms are better.
- A complete set of old clothes and trainers that you don’t mind getting wet and muddy.
- A set of evening clothes – quiz & disco.
- Shorts, sun cream/hat.
- Personal toiletries and medication.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Large towel.
- Swimming costume.
- A sleeping bag or duvet and pillow case.
- Pocket money – £10 maximum for tuck shop.
Emergency Contact Information
If you need to contact your child in an emergency, please contact school in the first instance. Our main office will be able to contact staff members at Quinta.
Outside of normal school hours, if you have a genuine emergency staff from school can be contact via Quinta on 01691 773696.