Hello and a Happy (and safe) New Year to all our students and their families; welcome back!
We hope you have had a restful break and are ready to tackle the new year with vigour.
Maybe you got a nice new book to read for Christmas, but if not, do not despair as we have plenty of suggestions on what you may want to read in 2021, plus a little reminder on how you can access them…
We now have over 2000 e-books available and waiting in our virtual library. To be able to loan these, you will need your PIN (if you haven’t already had this, please email Mrs Burrows at email@example.com).
If you have access to a personal device like a mobile phone, you can simply download the SORA app:
- Enter the setup code uksecondary
- Click Secondary Ebooks NOW in the dropdown menu.
- Log in with 8005- and your 4 digit PIN (personal identity number)
- Choose Secondary Ebooks Now
- Navigate the site and find your next book
If you have access to a laptop or PC, you can log in via the Cowley website.
From the website choose:
- Library which will take you to the Reading Cloud where you can:
- Search Overdrive e-books
- Navigate our college site to see what we have on the shelves
- Send the librarian (Mrs Burrows) a message to reserve a book
- Access the AR reading quiz site
Year 7 and 8, don’t forget your reading targets have re-set and all books read and quizzed earn points towards the Spring Term AR Reading Target.
Christmas saw an amazing 83 Y7 students and 110 Y8 students reach or exceed their reading target and receive a chocolate selection box. This term, we are working towards Easter Eggs – can we make it 100%? Don’t forget “Points mean Prizes!”
If you’re needing inspiration, check out our list of popular book choices/ recommended reads (below) which are all available as e-book and print – the KS3 list has the added benefit of quiz number, ZPD and points listed.
If you are struggling to access our e-books and need a printed copy of a title, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to get one to you.
Keep safe and keep reading!
Mrs Burrows (College Librarian)
Mrs Pennington (Head of Literacy)